Welcome back for one last hoorah. If you need a refresher, please review EM PGY1 or EM PGY2 Curricula. This block of ultrasound will be dedicated to focusing on advanced techniques, including ultrasound guided nerve blocks, identification of cholecystitis, deep vein thrombosis, retinal detachment, vitreous hemorrhage, small bowel obstruction, appendicitis as well as calculation of optic nerve diameter. As you did in second year, you will be responsible for reviewing qPath in addition to the afternoon scanning session.
Your requirements during this block are as follows:
- Completion of the following topic modules including post-assessment:
- Present Journal Article and Case Report
- Presentation held on Wednesday of your EM week
- Example Presentation: Ultrasound Guided LP
- Complete 400 total scans before graduation (MedHub + qPath).
Ultrasound Guided Nerve Blocks
Deep Vein Thrombosis Assessment
Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary Ultrasound
- Gottlieb Meta-analysis of US for SBO
- Summers Prospective Evaluation for Acute Cholecystitis
- Fields Appendicitis Meta-analysis